Twelth standard (10+2 Pattern) examination passed candidate with biology group (Physics,Chemistry,Biology) is eligible for B.Sc.(Agri.) degree programme. Those who have not taken mathematics at XII standard they have to register math in Ist semester as deficiency course and clear it before completion of degree programme. The admission to B.Sc. (Agri.) Ist year is given on merit basis and categories of candidates (Reservation to backward/other backward classes as per Govt. Rule). Online application forms are available on website http://oasis.mkcl.org/agriug/ after the declaration of XIIth result on or before the specified date. The admissions 30% (M quota) and 70%(University quota) are finalized through MKCL, Pune on the dates declared and specified in prospectus in various rounds. However, the management quota (20%) admissions are made at college level and eligible candidates are only admitted to non-grant basis colleges.
Degree Course, Duration Credit and Eligibilty
||XII std. Passed in 10 +2 pattern from M.S.B.H.S.E. or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English Subject
In four-year degree program students get knowledge about -
1) Identification and control of plants insect pests for the local area in general and world as specific.
2) Major diseases of plants, their damages and control measures for getting economical yield.
3) Getting Knowledge of all types of soils, their problems and management for getting higher production.
4) Performing technically sound operations start from seedbed preparation to post harvest of crop.
5) Evolution of high yielding varieties with insect, pest and disease resistance.
6) Cultivation and identification of agronomical crops of local area and also from world all over.
7) Maintenance and development of dairy and milch animal and other supporting industries such as poultry keeping, goat keeping etc.
8) Ups and downs in trade to get maximum returns.
9) Development of communication skills to transfer the knowledge to root level.
10) Identification of Major vegetable and other horticultural crops and their cultivation.
11) Marketing skills, animal husbandry, farm power and machineries communication skills for transfer of technology
12) Field crops production, post harvest and processing, plant protection, soil and water management.